The Nerd's 06 STi

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Hey! Thats how my car sounded!!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Neighbors hate him. Lol

So on a spirited drive I managed to pop the welds on my turbo's internal wastegate that held it shut for the ewg setup. So I figured that it's time to put the rotated kit on. I discovered a broken front axle, broken timing belt cover, and leaky headgaskets. I then decided to do a leak down test, and the car failed to say the least. So now I'm rebuilding the motor at a new shop to be a sleeved stock displacement motor. It's getting the heads ported, bigger cams, new valves, springs, retainers, Cosworth oil pump, carillo rotating assembly, full killer bee oil system, and everything else I can throw at the long block. I got an OS Giken TR twin disk clutch, DSS Lvl 5 front axles, the new DSS 1200hp rear axles, DSS CF driveshaft, whiteline sway bars, fortune 500 coils, kartboy endlinks, Aeromotive FPR, Aeromotive fuel rails, ID 2000 injectors, and a bunch of other goodies to go along with the ETS rotated kit and FMIC. I decided if I'm just going to piss on my money I might as well go all out. That's when I ordered a Kamanari CF hood, Prova suede wheel, JP Coachworks boots, and some more gauges. I also ordered the Zeitronics E85 sensor kit while I was at it. I'm hoping to have it together and running by February. Who knows maybe I'll make 500whp, but my real goal is to have it run at least 1 fucking year without needing another damn fix or rebuild. This is really getting old fast. I think this will be the car's 5th rebuild now. Hopefully this will be the do all end all, but if it isn't I'm going to just set it on fire and let it burn. I added up all the car's total cost to own and it's over 6 figures at this point. I'm kicking myself for not just getting a GTR. I love my STi, but it's testing my patience and wallet capacity.

So I've been drinking and buying parts a lot lately. I am still waiting for my longblock to put in the car. Today I had a few beers and decided that I need a PTE 6466 on it. Also figured it would be nice to buy Girodisk front and rear brake rotors with their Raybestos pads, and then I figured some black SSR GTV02 wheels would look nice. I also ordered a set of Fortune 500 coilovers with swift spirngs from Jordan @ Defined. I ordered a Mishimoto oil cooler for more oil capacity and cooling. Recently I got to drinking and bought a Porsche 996 C2S as a "reasonable" daily driver. It's been the only thing keeping me sane, I needed to drive a damn boxer engine. It may be a different brand, but dammit I'm driving a boxer engine. Hopefully project "Potato" aka my STi will be back together for a summer mountain cruise.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You either need to drink more or stop drinking altogether! :lol:

I'm drinking again. Myybe I need to buy another 5858 and put it on my 911 and build that too. Then my girly car could wreck shit too. Twin PTE 5858s on a 3.6L would just be the tits. I'd need a motec to run it all. Hmm......

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
The 996 era Porsches are a nice bargain. Though, never heard of a C2S during the 996 production run. Maybe I missed something?

I can't figure out how to upload pics from my phone, but it's definitely going down now. The car has all the axles and hubs off of it to rework the suspension and install axles. Engine should be going back in soon. Hopefully it makes some good power.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I can't figure out how to upload pics from my phone, but it's definitely going down now. The car has all the axles and hubs off of it to rework the suspension and install axles. Engine should be going back in soon. Hopefully it makes some good power.
Are you on Tapatalk?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Do you know what that is?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Go to app store and download. Its a mobile app for our forum.