The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
You wouldn't know of an easy eay to siphon it out would you? There is a fuel filler screen right?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We have a hand pump we use at the shop.

Filter screen where?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I was under the impression that most modern cars have screens in the fuel tank filler neck, that catches large particulate and prevents siphoning.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Not on the STi.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Once you get some known good gas in there I would really like to see a log if at all possible. :tup:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
My AP is dead. No logging for me until I can get Cobb to fix it, or I bite the bullet and spend another $700 on a new one :banghead:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
That would be great, George. What else would I need to connect it to my computer? I have very little knowledge of Tactrix, besides what it is.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
So, after much consideration, I imagine that my problem is fuel related. I'd imagine that it's one of, or a combination of, two things:
#1. Tank of bad gas
#2. Bad fuel filter

I am probably going to let her idle in the driveway for a couple hours until empty. At this point, I'd like to replace the fuel filter. Problem is, I'm not sure which filter I'm going to need, since I have a Walbro 255 lph pump. I imagine it's the same as the factory filter, but I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm what the model number is so I can get it on order?

When that's done, I will put a gallon of fresh 93 in and limp it to the station for a fill up.

How does that plan sound to you guys?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Correct, 2004 STi. I know how to get to the pump/filter, I just couldn't remember whether I need a special filter for the Walbro pump. I don't think so, but I want to make sure I have all the stuff I need before I get to work on it. Thanks Raven!

NP i have a Walbro Pump in my 04 sti as well and i use the stock filter, Little snug but works just fine.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
That would be great, George. What else would I need to connect it to my computer? I have very little knowledge of Tactrix, besides what it is.

Wow I totally fail... 3 months later and I'm responding. :tard:

PM me your address and I will send you my tactrix. You will need to download and install RomRaider. To get that to work you need to install the latest xml definition files. It's sorta a pain in the ass to get going at first but once you start using it you will like it. you will need to download the ECU definitions, the Logger definitions and the Cars definitions. They are at the bottoms of each post receptively.

Also you will need to install the drivers for the Tactrix

(it may not be apparent but I provided links to each of the above download pages. Hyperlinks are the same color as standard text in the STi speed red theme. I didn't want you to miss that.)

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Wow I totally fail... 3 months later and I'm responding. :tard:

PM me your address and I will send you my tactrix. You will need to download and install RomRaider. To get that to work you need to install the latest xml definition files. It's sorta a pain in the ass to get going at first but once you start using it you will like it. you will need to download the ECU definitions, the Logger definitions and the Cars definitions. They are at the bottoms of each post receptively.

Also you will need to install the drivers for the Tactrix

(it may not be apparent but I provided links to each of the above download pages. Hyperlinks are the same color as standard text in the STi speed red theme. I didn't want you to miss that.)

I never want to turn down the help someone is offering me, but to be completely honest, I hardly have time to do anything for myself right now. Working 40 hours a week from 30+ hours of homework is killing me. If I want to have time for anything on the weekend, I have to work on homework from the moment I get home from work until bed time...every...single...day. Family functions and home/property maintenance have taken priority over my remaining time and I haven't even touched the Batmobile since January. :banghead:

I'm afraid this is going to be a reoccurring theme over the next few years. As things slow down a little bit from time to time, I'll get working on the car again. If you send me your Tactrix now, I don't know when I'll get around to using it and returning it to you. It might be better for me to buy one myself at some point. I can probably find a reasonably priced one on Ebay. What do you think?

A Tractrix cable itself is not too bad compared to the cost of COBB AP. 169 from there web page for the Tractrix 2.0. I us a eBay k cable though for my logging along with rom raider, and an older version of Tractrix's software to flash to my 04.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I never want to turn down the help someone is offering me, but to be completely honest, I hardly have time to do anything for myself right now. Working 40 hours a week from 30+ hours of homework is killing me. If I want to have time for anything on the weekend, I have to work on homework from the moment I get home from work until bed time...every...single...day. Family functions and home/property maintenance have taken priority over my remaining time and I haven't even touched the Batmobile since January. :banghead:

I'm afraid this is going to be a reoccurring theme over the next few years. As things slow down a little bit from time to time, I'll get working on the car again. If you send me your Tactrix now, I don't know when I'll get around to using it and returning it to you. It might be better for me to buy one myself at some point. I can probably find a reasonably priced one on Ebay. What do you think?

Yeah I get that! Life sucks.

Basically what Raven said. I don't think you can find them less than $169 unless it is older or used. I have no experience with any other adapter though when it comes to RomRaider and ECU Flash.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
First of all, I'm sorry to hear about the workload you are experiencing, Ryan!
Second, You CAN find a Tactrix 2.0 in good, used condition for around $100-$120. That's from what I've seen on Nasioc and they sell QUICK!!!!
Third, I strongly prefer Tactrix over Cobb AP because I had negative experiences with the SUB 2-003 model dongle disconnecting. A newer model will not have any issues.

The only downside with Tactrix is if your laptop isn't cooperating with you, you're going to have a bad time. It might only be me, though. From my experience, there is always something that goes wrong or impedes further advance! Such as this damn laptop not wanting to update!!

That being said, I hope the Batmobile sleeps tight! :D :tup:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
^ Shit, how did I miss this.

Anyways... UPDATE:

I got the Batmobile running on Saturday and let it sit and idle for at least 90 minutes while I did some work in the garage. She seemed to run okay, but I didn't drive her around the block or anything. The fuel filter needs changed badly, and I've got one heading this way. I received the fuel pump kit from Jordan which contains a few things I want to replace on my Walbro, including the fuel strainer sock/pre-filter.

Before I change the filter this weekend, I need to burn off a little bit more fuel. If you've ever replaced a pump or filter with a full tank of gas, you'll understand. After that's complete, I'll get some fresh 93 in the tank and limp it around for a little bit. Oil and oil filter should probably be changed soon as well. The plan for the Batmobile is to get it somewhat road worthy again for the next year or so, driving it sparingly to keep everything in decent shape.

Sometime next year after the wedding, I'll work on dropping the transmission and either having the synchros replaced or swapping the tranny all together. At that point, it might be advantageous to pull the motor and prepare for the build.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ryan, I saw two other Tactrix cables for sale yesterday.

How is your trans currently? Mine is notchy as fuck in most gears and i get the slight grind in 4th gear when the RPM is in the higher range. No metal bits in last month's trans flush... Next flush, I'm going to try the Redline/Motul cocktail mix.