GD Ashlyn - Mike's EFI Logics-built '04 STI...an autocross warrior.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well what is it?

BadlandsRacer

No pics until the trinket arrives! I wasn't going to post on the other forum with what it is until it got here, but meh, why not. :lol:

I picked up a Braille B2015 Limited Edition STI carbon fiber battery... #008 of 500, and weighing it at 14.5 lbs. :D

BadlandsRacer

Nice! Bet that isn't cheap. I've wanted a light battery for a while now, but have some bigger things that need to come first. Looking forward to seeing what you have to say about that battery. I also may not be able to run that small of a battery because of my convoluted car pc plan.

I've read just a bit about your plan...seems like it'll be a pretty complicated project!!

I'm excited to check out this battery, but I'm interested to see how this thing handles the North Dakota winter. Odds are I'll be buying a battery tender before next winter. :lol:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Congrats on STi of the month! WOOT!

BadlandsRacer

I'm going to be looking into some kind of high-temp paint or thermal dispersant coating for my intercooler this week. My Braille carbon fiber battery has arrived. Pics soon.

In other news, rallycross on the 19th of February has been canceled, and there won't be any rallycross this year. The ice simply is not safe due to temperature fluctuation, we've had a few trucks go through the ice this year. I'm a little disappointed, but not nearly as upset as guys who've already purchased their studded tires.

Additionally, the BRSCCA held its annual pre-season meeting today in Minot, ND. Our region is doing quite well financially. We elected new officers, and yours truly will be the membership chairman for the next year. I'm also going to be the event director for an autocross in August, and there's talk of sending me, and one other, over to the Land o' Lakes Region for training as a rallycross safety steward (so we can possibly start having more regular rally-x events in our region). We have some interesting venues in the works for autocross events this year, and we'll see how they all pan out. I'm just happy we have an event set up for the day after my wedding in July.
biggrin.gif

More updates to come soon!!

BadlandsRacer

Just ordered some wheels from Apex Performance! :)

Or as some mor-ans in our society who have bastardized the English language would call them...rims. Ugh.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I can't wait to see them.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Car is looking amazing these days! :tup:

BTW I agree with Paul. REAL PICTURES PLEASE!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Hey I can ban him till he tells us, LMAO!! Show us or get banned for no pictures, lol.

BadlandsRacer

hows that thing running these days?

Oh, it's running alright. The turbo failure was a little sketchy, but Blouch got me taken care of. Now just getting ready for all kinds of installs before spring, and of course, reviewing that prototype design header I've got.

And as for real pictures...SOON. Waiting on some tuner lugs. :lol: Plus my car is dirty as sin.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What lugs did you get?