The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
He cheats! :tard:

Took me almost an hour but i didnt have to jack the engine. Just make sure you have something to punch because one of the coils is a bitch to take out. :rofl:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Just make sure you have something to punch because one of the coils is a bitch to take out. :rofl:

I'll whip my old burned out clutch across the road like a @#$%ing discus.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I'll whip my old burned out clutch across the road like a @#$%ing discus.

Make sure you dont hit that pontiac grand prix that was blown out on the right rear and sitting diagonally. :rofl:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I am hoping that creepy dude selling ice cream out of his rusted out, yellow mini-van will swing by. He could use a flywheel.......in the windshield.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Shit just keeps getting better and better (sarcasm) around here.... Yesterday, we received 6" of rain in a few hours. A couple of the freeways have more than 12' of water on them. The city is sending diver teams to search for cars and bodies. It just now started POURING again, another 1" of rain is expected with the possibility of 1/2" hail.....and not parked under cover.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Here's an example. It's much worse in other places as well. There was so much water in the sewers that manhole covers were lifted out by the pressure.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
DUDE?! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Here's the video I was hoping to find. The guy who took it just uploaded it to YouTube. 12 feet of water.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTT??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My jaw literally dropped!!! Unbelievable man!!!!!!!!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We see nothing wrong here. Carry on.

Hey Bob time to go fishing. :rofl:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Well, I got the new plugs installed tonight. Obviously, the battery was removed for about an hour so the ECU got a hard
reset. Besides that and the plugs, nothing else was done to the car. I don't want to screw with more than one variable
at a time if I can help it. Either way, I took it out for a short run and ran it up to 7000rpms at WOT up through the top of
3rd. I no longer notice the hesitation and jerk. After a couple days of good behavior, I'll be sure that the plugs was indeed
the fix.

Can plugs gaps change, possibly due to heat, after say 30k miles? The gaps in my plugs were all 0.038 to 0.040. That's no
bueno. I gapped the new plugs to 0.029. It runs very nicely now and revs smooth. I don't know whether I'm noticing this
now because I'm listening so intently, or if it's been like this for a while, but it seems like I'm getting a little more small pops
in my exhaust...could this be due to the gapping? I'll investigate further throughout the week.

I'll get some pictures tomorrow of the plugs. IMO I don't think they look bad but they are slightly blackened, as usual I believe.
No obvious damage.

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We defiantly want to see the plugs asap.

Also as plugs wear out the gap will expand due to heat. On an STi we don't go more than 20,000 miles before new ones are installed. We can pretty much place money on it that your plugs were the problem.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I've got 30-35k miles on the old plugs. The gf and I are watching a movie right now, when we're done I'll get some pictures posted.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I've got 30-35k miles on the old plugs. The gf and I are watching a movie right now, when we're done I'll get some pictures posted.

Can we ban you for being stupid? :rofl:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Also, I can't believe I'm asking this but, can someone remind me what the cylinder numbers are?

driver side, closest to firewall: #
driver side, closest to front end: #
passenger side, closest to firewall: #
passenger side, closest to front end: #

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Also, I can't believe I'm asking this but, can someone remind me what the cylinder numbers are?

driver side, closest to firewall: #
driver side, closest to front end: #
passenger side, closest to firewall: #
passenger side, closest to front end: #