The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
:doh:
If the idle doesnt adjust i recommend resetting it again and letting it full adjust to the relearned parameters. Makes a big difference in the way it runs. :tup:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I've tried everything. I've had this problem for a few years now. It eventually gets a little bit better.

Some have suggested that the problem is related to the injectors. Apparently, 850cc in side feed configuration sometimes causes a rough idle. I've heard this a few times though I have no definitive evidence that it's true.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I've tried everything. I've had this problem for a few years now. It eventually gets a little bit better.

Some have suggested that the problem is related to the injectors. Apparently, 850cc in side feed configuration sometimes causes a rough idle. I've heard this a few times though I have no definitive evidence that it's true.

Lets find out!
[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION]

:tup:

(I was planning on getting 850cc)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I would like to see a log. Poor idle could be anything.

Things I recommend are...

Clean your MAF
Clean your Air Filter
Change your plugs (which you did)
Cycle ALL electrical connectors (Disconnect and reconnect, especially the engine harnesses)
Check all hoses and vacuum lines (Doesn't matter if you did this yesterday, check them again)
Replace your fuel filter
Inspect and Clean your injectors

Once that all has been done then I diagnose for engine roughness and physical hardware issues. If that returns no results I look at tuning as the culprit.

:tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
How often should the MAF be cleaned?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!

Just FYI... This doesn't work. I have my notifications turned off. It is becoming very annoying all these notifications :lol:

If it is important I will find it on my own. :tup:

I appreciate the vote of confidence none the less!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You have a lot on your plate Ryan! :lol:

Start checking off the list! :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Letting mother nature wash it for you? :fuji: :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
That'll have to wait until the Batmobile becomes a garage queen. When the engine work is complete, the tranny is fixed and the body/paint gets redone, then I'll spend time on good pics. Too many people have hit my doors and bumpers to be getting high quality pics.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
F M L
That stupid issue of hesitation and jerking at ~15psi is back again. I guess I'm tearing the engine bay apart tonight....again.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Fack. That sucks man! Is it a boost leak?

That's what many people keep telling me, but I've never been able to find one...ever.

Last time this was happening, I changed the spark plugs and the problem disappeared.

I should probably change out my fuel filter to rule out the possibility that it's clogged.

My methanol system could be the problem, but I haven't been able to determine that
so far.

I'm going to clean my MAF very soon. Hopefully that's the issue because it's an easy fix.

@Batmobile_Engage Lemme know if you need anything

Thanks buddy. I really appreciate it. :tup:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today has not been a good day...at all. I was so pissed off earlier when I came back to work
from lunch that I pretty much WOT'd it everywhere I could. I don't know what the hell I was
thinking other than, "fuck this piece of shit, I hope it blows the fuck up".

It only hesitated for a split second this time....around 5k in 3rd.

I KNOW someone is going to tell me to log a few runs, but alas, I've been so broke, busy, discouraged
and frankly a bit lazy, that I still haven't had Cobb fix my AP yet. So yeah...there's that.

Dude, I'd do all that.....but I'd also say fuck the Cobb AP. Get a tactrix cable and open source that shit. Let someone besides cobb help do your tuning.