The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Holy shit! That's a lot of miles! My belief was that once a year or ~25k miles.

You also have to stop going WOT without being able to log! :goku:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Shit just keeps getting better and better (sarcasm) around here.... Yesterday, we received 6" of rain in a few hours. A couple of the freeways have more than 12' of water on them. The city is sending diver teams to search for cars and bodies. It just now started POURING again, another 1" of rain is expected with the possibility of 1/2" hail.....and not parked under cover.

We had over 13" of rain. Our town officials declared a state of emergency. The town of East Islip was it's own island for an 10 hour period.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather...rds-long-island-cars-nearly-submerged-n179546

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
:lol: Wow...George, that's as bad as a lite hurricane.

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The floods were worse than Sandy. It was Island Wide. :tup:

I tried to go into work this morning and made it through the first lake only make a 10 mile circle to end up back to my point of origin, but not before I had to cross another lake to get back home. It was both fun yet anxiety ridden. As I was traversing this lake, a jeep was coming the other way and his wake went over my entire car. I still can't figure out how I made it through because, to get through the lake, I had to navigate a number of stuck vehicles.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] Wow dude.... That is unreal!!!!!!
[MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] pics aren't working!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Why the hell can't I see them!? It says these attachments don't exist!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Cant see on tapatalk either.... :(

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
We defiantly want to see the plugs asap.

Also as plugs wear out the gap will expand due to heat. On an STi we don't go more than 20,000 miles before new ones are installed. We can pretty much place money on it that your plugs were the problem.

I've got 30-35k miles on the old plugs.

Can we ban you for being stupid? :rofl:

Come on now. Hell, I had 37k before I changed mine. Lol

WOW!

We give up.

I didn't think 35k was unreasonable. Obviously, boosted applications reduce the operating life of a spark plug, but I know many vehicles that go well over 50k miles on the same plugs. Hell, my dad's Corolla had 110k on the plugs before they were changed. They looked like 10k miles when we pulled them out.

It runs a lot better today. My idle is all dicked up again because of the ECU reset, which for some reason always happens on the Batmobile, but otherwise it drives great. Smooth revving and power delivery.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I see them. Definitely can tell which ones are 2 and 4.

In your experience, do 2 and 4 generally get beat up worse than 1 and 3?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I don't have much experience with the EJ but from what I've seen and what mine looked like, cylinder 2 and 4 definitely operate differently.
1 and 3 appear to be a bit rich, when in all reality 2 and 4 should be too but 1 and 3 still have the blackened deposits. This tells me 2 and 4 are running hotter.
That's my perception. Hard to tell from the pictures.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You guys are forgetting the most important part. The electrode which you can't see unless tested correctly.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Did you let the car idle for about 10-15 min after the ecu was reset? It needed to relearn all of the parameters. Then another 10 min of granny driving before you whomped on it! :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Ehhhhh...yeah I gave it a few minutes and about 1.5 miles of easy driving before I beat it like a redheaded step child. :lol: