The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The blowoff valve is louder :lol:

Sounds nice though. I wish I could get away with that sound around hear but the cops are such d-bags.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
:lol: Thanks George. You think it's that loud? What pisses off the cops there more, the exhaust or the valve? I love that blow off valve and this exhaust, btw.
I always felt that it was throaty, but not obnoxiously loud. Then again, I rarely ever hear it from the outside, seeing how I'm always the one driving it.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
:lol: Thanks George. You think it's that loud? What pisses off the cops there more, the exhaust or the valve? I love that blow off valve and this exhaust, btw.
I always felt that it was throaty, but not obnoxiously loud. Then again, I rarely ever hear it from the outside, seeing how I'm always the one driving it.

I think the BOV sound is what gets cops initial attention because for some reason a bell goes off in their head that suggests "ricer" and they are in "fuck with this guy" mode. They can't give you a ticket for a BOV so they give you one for exhaust.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Ahhh, I see what you're saying. Man that sucks. There are a lot of cops around here and when I first moved to the area, I was absolutely amazed at how insane the muscle car drivers were ripping around town and didn't seem to be harassed. I've been harassed pretty heavily in other locales, but I haven't been screwed with here yet. I don't drive like an asshole, but I probably go WOT at least once a day. :lol:

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
In the next few days I'll take some pictures of the Spec Stage III (525 ft-lbs at the wheels) clutch and OEM flywheel that just came out. Chunks of the friction material on the pucks were, more or less, welded to the flywheel. I could hardly believe my eyes...I just don't get it. Either way, a new OEM flywheel was installed along with a Competition Clutch Stage IV (550 ft-lbs at the wheels), which feels pretty good so far. It's not too loud, pedal pressure is moderate and the engage point is smooth. It's a tiny bit grabby right now, but of course it's brand new.

I was under the impression that if I had the flywheel resurfaced and reinstalled, that it might be too thin and therefore could break. Personally, I have no experience with that besides what others have told me. Since the flywheel was already resurfaced twice in the past, I opted to get a new one.

Do you think anyone would possibly want my old OEM flywheel? They'd have to get it resurfaced and measured though. I have no use for it and could use the money. Should I try to sell it for cheap or take it to a scrap yard and see what I can get...?

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
The blowoff valve is louder :lol:

Full VTA and in the configuration I'm running, it dumps right out that hole in the passenger side fender where
people often route a cold air intake. :cool:

I regularly build up some boost and dump it right next to the driver's side window of those I'm passing, when
they are either driving really douchey, or have an absolutely hideous 12whp ricer. :lol:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
In the next few days I'll take some pictures of the Spec Stage III (525 ft-lbs at the wheels) clutch and OEM flywheel that just came out. Chunks of the friction material on the pucks were, more or less, welded to the flywheel. I could hardly believe my eyes...I just don't get it. Either way, a new OEM flywheel was installed along with a Competition Clutch Stage IV (550 ft-lbs at the wheels), which feels pretty good so far. It's not too loud, pedal pressure is moderate and the engage point is smooth. It's a tiny bit grabby right now, but of course it's brand new.

I was under the impression that if I had the flywheel resurfaced and reinstalled, that it might be too thin and therefore could break. Personally, I have no experience with that besides what others have told me. Since the flywheel was already resurfaced twice in the past, I opted to get a new one.

Do you think anyone would possibly want my old OEM flywheel? They'd have to get it resurfaced and measured though. I have no use for it and could use the money. Should I try to sell it for cheap or take it to a scrap yard and see what I can get...?

Well to be honest I wouldn't use a flywheel past one cut and two would be pushing it. It's not that the flywheel brakes but becomes to thin to dissipate the heat generated by the friction so it is more prone to develop heat spots and glazing.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Well maybe that's why my clutch melted onto it. It was twice resurfaced. FML.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Sorry I've been MIA lately. I drove home to PA this weekend for the first day of Spring Turkey season
with the possibility of trout fishing as well. Unfortunately, I didn't have any luck in the woods and the
cricks were way too swollen for recent rains to be fishable.

Work has been super busy lately and I have a ton of projects to work on at home. I'll get on here as much
as I can, but just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
How was it getting away from Michigan for a short while? :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Pretty good. It's so flat here so I like to see the elevation change at home. It was good being out in the woods again.
The worst part of it all is having to drive across Ohio. :lol:
Honestly though, I'm getting lit up by laser left and right. They are raping a lot of wallets out there on the turnpike.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Hey that means you passed right by me! Im ~5 min away from i80 (turnpike) and i71.

Good thing you have a radar. Cant go anywhere in ohio without a radar detector/locater!

How were the roads in PA?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
The roads where I was going were pretty decent until I got into the more rural parts where I grew up and then it's a little rough.

Hell yes, I have radar and laser detection and more. Thankfully. If not, I would have got hammered at least once.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Why were you speeding anyways?! :rambo: :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Dude. I am paranoid as hell, so I keep it around 6 over the limit. There are times that a half dozen cars blow past me (all with Ohio plates, mind you) INCLUDING a pair of Ford E-300 vans, each with 8-10 Sikh dudes with duck dynasty looking beards, white turbins and robes...at 90 mph or more. It's 65-70 through there. I let them get a 1/4-1/2 mile ahead and then speed up and follow them. They were pulling away and I'm doing 92!!! I must have followed that group for 30-40 miles. It was insane.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
:rofl:
Roflllllllllllllll

See now its different with people who come from other states. I do 5 over in the city and 10 over on the highway. That is the limit for safety. Anything more and youre at risk of a ticket. I have had friends come over from other states and get tickets for 3 over. So that makes no damn sense. Turnpike is where its at if you wanna do a quick pull or so if you have someone go ahead and scout. But faggots call in every time..... So i stopped. There are a few places down south where there are never officers. Even with that, its rare.

How are michigan officers- whatre your limits on speeding?