The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I'm about to have a problem with this shop if they don't tell me what I want to hear when they call me back tomorrow morning.

$750 is reasonable for a clutch and flywheel swap, and in some cases, that's even expensive. I just got off the phone not long
ago with one of the shop techs. He told me $980 in labor, while at 8:30 this morning, the shop owner told me $750. Just as Jordan
at Defined mentioned on the phone today... "The tranny is already out of the car, how many more hours of labor do they expect to
expend replacing the parts?!" Also, the shop owner this morning mentioned 0.2 hours for bleeding and replacing the fluid from the slave
cylinder and the tech told me 0.9. How @#$%ing long does it take to bleed and replace the fluid? 10 minutes...? 15-20 with a smoke
break and a shit in between?! 50 friggin minutes?
I don't want to have to be an angry customer. I don't like to be like that, but I want to make damn sure I don't get dicked over.
What do you think, JJ...? [MENTION=1]IGOTASTi.COM[/MENTION]

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Not good.

What shop is this?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

Alter3go

Too bad you're not in SC buddy takes his engine out quite a bit he recently did all forged internals. Also it does scare me to do any track events for reasons like that. I'm sorry for that happening wish I could've been of service to you.

Side question: do you not have meets where you stay at? That was a great way for me to find connects to help at a low cost.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
There are meets, but they seem to be few and far between.

Most of the car scene around here is douchers that laugh at anything with less than 8 cylinders. All people want to do is drag race....smh....talk about hard on the car. I probably get asked "have you been to the drag strip yet?" 2-3 times a month.

At the few meets that are around, most people I meet live an hour or more away. I just don't understand it, I see Subies and other tuners driving around here though.

Being that I've only lived here for a year and a half, isn't helping things either. I'm still trying to figure out what shops, stores and even people in general that I can trust.

Alter3go

You need to wear a gopro all day and chronicle your life. Like a reality TV show I'd watch the first episode for sure lol

Seriously though yeah the car scene here was small when I first arrived but I just kept showing up n asking what I could do to promote it and people started showing more and more and telling me about their connects.

Also you can start a Facebook page for subaru owners or if the crowd is small open it up to all modified cars in the area now we have everything from low riders to tuners.

I have been in Sumter about a year and have been approached several times about clubs n what not. It sucks at first but if you done this already I apologise.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
^ Many, many good ideas dude. I will take your advice.

As far as wearing a GoPro everyday, I started seriously considering that during my commutes this winter. People are bat-shit-crazy, have shit tires AND don't know how to drive in bad weather.

Last edited:

Alter3go

Yeah I started taking vids just the other day man. It is awesome I had a lot of people simply approach me and ask me about the camera I had some people break their neck to see what it was you should man. Your experiences are definitely worth seeing lol

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
^ I second that! :lol: (I can also relate on the "people don't know how to drive" part as well! :tdown: )

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Oh man. Sorry to hear about all the crap!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Oh jeez. Dont say that lol. Surprised no walls are damaged yet! :lol:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Did you get a price yet on everything?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
They haven't called me back yet. I've been so busy today at work, I haven't had time to care.
:banghead:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Keep us informed.

Man, wish you were closer. I'd buy you a beer to ease your nerves right now. My bad luck always comes in waves as well. Maybe it's over...

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Does sound awesome.