Iowa needs your help!!! 04 STI needs a start.

Its Twicky

I guess my big question is in the fuel is the fuel injectors. DW go to 1000TF and Fiveo will be able to do 1000SF. Do i have to do extra work on TF or i guess to make this question simple. Why should i go TF or SF.???? point me to a thread or just shout it out.

Its Twicky

That sounds nice, A good money saver. Ok If i go 5'o, I wont need TGV delets or should i still get em, Ha ill be honest i need to go research TGV delets.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
That sounds nice, A good money saver. Ok If i go 5'o, I wont need TGV deletes or should i still get em, Ha ill be honest i need to go research TGV deletes.

You still need to do TGV deletes but staying with the side feed configuration allows you to keep the TGV housings and fuel rails you already have. There are conversion kits that allow you to convert with out having to replace your TGV housings though.

Last edited:

Its Twicky

Ok, Well i may just consider doing the 5'o on the fact, Have not seen anything bad from them by my research, also seems to be just more convenient. Plus I wana get everything that will be a need to have when the motor is out and ready to be swapped. And i think the fuel injectors should be purchased for that phase. I may be wrong but thats what you guys are for. ha .

Just glad you did, It does look better then the first time i showed you the list, i hope anyways ha.

The list does look better. :tup:

When are you planning on having this done by? The DW injectors would be the easiest option IMO. However I waited a year for them to come out with delay after delay. :|

When the pump and injectors do come out I'm sure they'll be top notch and a good route to go.

Last edited:

Its Twicky

Well the plan right now is to figure out what would be best to buy when i swap the motor. For example, exhaust wont effect work on that area so i wont need that right now. Basically wana do anything that needs to be done with the motor and then stage 2 would be all extra goodies. Stage three would be clean and tune.

I am def leaning on the DW pump. But still five-o sf vs dw tf vs waiting on dw sf... right now in fav of fiveo SF....

Its Twicky

Yeah, idont really think i want to wait that while, I mean the 5'o's are already out there, How much better could the DW really be. ??

Its Twicky

Also, I really need to get going on cams, and what all needs to be bought for the motor when its being swapped also Heads(what work should i do)???

Its Twicky

No the short block came with some ungraded parts. As regard of, heads cams. Would it be best to get injectors and lplugs when its out.
Im going to have to build this car in a few steps. Step one would be take the motor out and swap the motors, place new one in. And in that process i would like anyting that would be best to do, or just should do, done at that Time.

Step two, After waiting a while, Now i can do all the bolt ons and anything i did not do in the first stage. Get the car cleaned and prepped.

Step 3. Tune tune tune....

Step 4. hopefully good to go

No the short block came with some ungraded parts. As regard of, heads cams. Would it be best to get injectors and lplugs when its out.
Im going to have to build this car in a few steps. Step one would be take the motor out and swap the motors, place new one in. And in that process i would like anyting that would be best to do, or just should do, done at that Time.

Step two, After waiting a while, Now i can do all the bolt ons and anything i did not do in the first stage. Get the car cleaned and prepped.

Step 3. Tune tune tune....

Step 4. hopefully good to go

Sounds like a good plan. Fuj has good advice about the heads.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Oh I don't know if it was mentioned or not but while the engine is out, replace your oil pick-up tube with either a killer B or a covert performance unit.

Your piece of mind will thank you.

Its Twicky

Here is my question/thought of the night. Im trying to do this build in a reasonable $ for power/effiency. Thats why i need to do this in stages.

What would be a good path for my heads to go down that path to help make it gain more power but not to freakin crazy, but also really gain effiency so i can actually get a higher % of power for my cash. I Know that is broad right now but i will try to get it narrowed down sometime late> and i just messed up my key board< i cant hit the period botton

but from the block to the turbo i want a smooth baby so not one part is being over worked or getting as much out of it> and again not going to crazy with power cuz i wont drive crazy on this motor like the one i plan on building later>