Iowa needs your help!!! 04 STI needs a start.

Its Twicky

Maybe my thinking is wrong. But to really think how much boost i want. I would almost need to know what my heads and cams plan's are, Also the turbo i would like and How effiecient it all works. Also i would think that then would help me consider BPV or BOV and the steps to make a BOV work good with my build. Right?? I need good threads to read on Cams, Valves, and IDK what else. I did some good readings on BPV/BOV, Also the basic works of Heads. And i read a book just over Turbos. I think im starting to get a concept down.

Its Twicky

Yeah, I get what you are saying about building a TANK. ha. But yes a but, of coarse a but.
I dont plan on going over a 3076 with this car. I just want to kick things up a good notch.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Also if anyone wants to build my car for freeee, that would be cool. if not i understand

Your to far from me. Otherwise I would give you a hand.

Its Twicky

So, also my problem is, Should i try to have a local'sh shop do my heads, or should i have them shipped/shipped to me from out of state. I just suck when it comes to heads. Its not the problem of what they do its how i am going to get them worked on.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Gotta find someone who knows what the hell they are doing. That can be a issue.

Its Twicky

yeah,, hmm,,, ill figure something out. Rough est.. if i send them in to elemental in pricing. I dont think i am doing alot of work to em. just enough to make something good. oh heck idk. im goi ng to take a break from research and jump back on it on sunday.

Its Twicky

Yeah i have your thread on paper. Every main thread i read i print out. much easier to read and make notes. But im just going to call them tomorrow or something.
I really dont wana look to far on my parts untill i figure out my heads, and cams.

Its Twicky

ANy good threads on Cams, Valves. valve springs???? Or anything else that i should really read on??? When im at work for my 8 hour shifts. I have ateast 5 hours of doing nothing so thats alwasy a good time to read my car notes and what not. Just cant use a computer at work.

Its Twicky

Alright ill take a look into that thread and print it out. Some threads i have read receantly are 1) BOV/BPV 2) Heads by fuji 3)a surge thread 4) thread ovout turbos and vanes. The last two were someone off track but it was still good reading. but need more to read. So anyone with any other good thread ideas let me know. When i am at school i can print them out.

Its Twicky

I have the general knowlesge of how cams springs and valves work. But have not actually got to it and looked deap inside of the camspringvalves world. But yeah feel free to explain anypart to make me more knowldgeable on these items. I need to go back and learn grammer.

Its Twicky

:lol:

I use the printer at work to print walkthroughs and guides all the time. Before I took my last vacation to do the turbo build I printed atleast 200 pages of stuff..... Then left them in my desk accidently. :(

ha so much for going green at work. I am using my schools. But i am limited to 200 per semester. Hope i dont have assignments later to print out. But that would be a good excuse for not having a paper to hand in.

Its Twicky

Its worth the reading. But i do need tocall a few companies about that heads and cams on monday. I just want to make sure i get this part right for my build and for right now. I dont want to skimp out on parts that will screw me over, and i dont wana by parts that wont really help me out. I dont really see my car going over 500WHP, But if i do everything right i may get more power then i plan on so yeah. But i think i am going to have to weight on wraps and coating on alot of parts untill after i build and drive for a year to save some money .