Iowa needs your help!!! 04 STI needs a start.

Its Twicky

new idea. I am just going to yank the motor out and go from there. I have a few paint theme's and ideas i wana do while the engine will be out and i can paint the bay. but yeah Any advice on when i call Elemntal on monday?

Its Twicky

Hey Fuji,bad,holy,anyoneone else- Ok here is my plans right now. Im going to have my car at a shop that i know, he knows his cars but i am not going to have him tune. TAke everything out. And just work on the block as of right now. Place back in and sit for a while. Sound good. Cuz i also want to do some painting while its out. I own silver and may do my bay black. and the block a nice green. But im meeting up with some ppl monday, and ill call element tunning and a few other places and do some more reading tomorrow. i will post up what my plans will be with the block, heads, cams etc.... And i will worry about bolt ons and what not later but still keep them in a plan build. Just not focus fully right now on them .

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I wanted to ask and I apologize if you mentioned it already but what internal does you short block have?

Its Twicky

Not quite understanding you man, but it looks like you're going to get some of the work front loaded and then plan the final details. Not too bad an idea.

Yeah i confuse myself. Im just trying to get all ends of teh car matched in away that they all work without over working and also have a better chance to be more effiecient allow more of each part. if that makes since, but i wont know untill i talk to a few builders on the phone and what not. ill just let you guys know tomorrow where im at.

Its Twicky

I wanted to ask and I apologize if you mentioned it already but what internal does you short block have?

-Gruppe-S / Wiseco Forged Pistons
-Gruppe-S Coated High Performance Rod & Crankshaft bearings
-STi Race Crankshaft (nitrated, magnafluxed, lightened)
-Professionally balanced rotating assembly (recommended 7500+ RPM redline)
-Rehoned cylinder walls
-Capable of up to 600HP Operation
-Final Displacement 2.48L
-Compression ~8.5 : 1

I found this on another sight, i dont have my notes on it since im out of town still, but it should be the same if not mistaking, i will double check and let you know if different. i think it came with a 09, or 10 crankshaft.

Last edited:

Its Twicky

ok FUJI, try to win me over on doing some work on my heads, since i dont plan on going over 500. will it be cost/power benificaill.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
ok FUJI, try to win me over on doing some work on my heads, since i dont plan on going over 500. will it be cost/power benificaill.

I think it will. You won't have to compensate elsewhere with over the top parts to achieve the same level of power. You don't have to go nuts with head work. just some strategic porting and polishing and some bowl blending will do. Maybe a three angle valve job also. I think Fuji recommends lager valves for some good power gains but anything you can do will get you closer to your goal.

Did you make a decision on cams yet?

Its Twicky

Yeah, ill touch them up a bit ill get back on this weekend with updates on the cams and heads, i think i may try to get the block out this comming week or next

Its Twicky

Ok, i hate to say thing, but as of right now, i think i may just clean my heads up. and After a year or so if i feel its needed and when i have more cash, i will do the head work. and I will let the car break in fully before i do that extra work, i Just want my car back and get as much of the build process done as i can with the money avail. Sound good. Heads just seem to be so much cost for the amount done. and this way, i can always go back and get them done. if i got them done now and dont like it for some odd reason i cant add meteral back. So thats my 2 cents right now.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
At the very least you should lap the valves, replace the seals and check the straightness. If there is even the slightest amount of warping you need to have them decked. :tup:

Its Twicky

Yeah i was going to polish, deck, and just get them looking brand new. But as for porting bowl blends etc... that will just have to wait.

Its Twicky

No fuji, no no no. Haha i made my mind up its at a simple spot and not putting new ideas in. I need to read what the process of bowl blends are, would that consist of a port or good experience knowledge to do correctly.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I am going to love this build when it is finished. I wanted to let you know that I just got done tuning a Dom 2.5XT on stock cams and @ 17 PSI and on pump gas the thing was raping the road.

I want to see what yours will be like with with those cams.

Its Twicky

I am going to start buying parts today, Its been a while, Im getting nervous and excited all at once, I just hope it runs when it gets done.