GD Rehabilitating an abused bugeye

Z1107

Took the radiator out last night, found the culprit of the leak, rock strike. So I think I'm going to be ordering new grills for the Rex.

Z1107

HELP.
Can someone give me an idea what Ypipe I need to fit an 04 STi intercooler to an EJ205 turbo location?

Vermont

Location should be the same. I just did a quick look up and everything says that the location and piping are the same from 2002-2007. Are you trying to use one know and it not working? you might want to try using your old piping and seeing if it will bolt on. If not maybe the STI piping? No to sure there man...

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
HELP.
Can someone give me an idea what Ypipe I need to fit an 04 STi intercooler to an EJ205 turbo location?

I believe you need the STi Piping for that. It is the brackets that change if I am not mistaken. I will see if I can locate some brackets for you.

Z1107

Another shout out to Jordan at Defined on my new Gates timing kit. With shipping saved me $25 than closest competitor w/o shipping.

Z1107

Really considering buying a used stock EJ20 or EJ25 and build it over time as a replacement for my current motor. I see them go for $300-$500 bucks. And when I say build I mean complete rebuild of the block, stroking out etc. Or should I just save up and buy a new one? I think this would be a good little project.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm a fan for trying to build your own... Great learning experience and you are that much more connected to your car.

Vermont

Build your own dude. I am going to be doing the same thing with my next STI, and if my engine ever does go in the GR I am going rip that sucker out and build it my self.

Z1107

Just left the shop where my car had it's new gates timing kit installed. Previous owner had already replaced the timing belt, water pump, and one pulley with an autozone kit 35,000 miles ago. Belt was good, pulley and water pump shot to shit.
Lesson: DON'T BUY AND INSTALL AUTOZONE CRAP!

Z1107

Shopping widebands, between the AEM UEGO or prosport EVO green gauge. Both use the same sensor, but still trying to figure out if the EVO is just as accurate.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I think accuracy is a product of the sensor itself. And in that case both are the same because they both use the Bosch UEGO sensor if I'm not mistaken. Also the AEM does not require open air calibration. It comes pre calibrated and matched to the sensor from the factory. The biggest reason I would ever suggest the AEM over the EVO is the fact that it has RS232 output which is perfect for logging and tuning. The evo only has a 5 volt output which can not be utilized by RomRaider or AccessTuner Race.

Z1107

That's what I'm going to get. Already told Jordan to add it to my dragged out for a long time but eventually buy it being broke sucks list.