GD Rehabilitating an abused bugeye

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
That's what I'm going to get. Already told Jordan to add it to my dragged out for a long time but eventually buy it being broke sucks list.

LOL :lol:

Z1107

Finally clear sky so doing my oil change (amsoil zrod 10w30), adding new stoptech brake pads, and oil sensor adaptor plate.

!WARNING! This poster is not liable for any person being butthurt by comments. Protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act for being somewhat retarded! ;)

Z1107

Reflashed my ecu last with a safe stage 2 etune last night made by Holy. Damn that power band was sweet. And LOVE my new stoptech brakes.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Reflashed my ecu last with a safe stage 2 etune last night made by Holy. Damn that power band was sweet. And LOVE my new stoptech brakes.

Holy is the man. :)

Z1107

Buying JJ's struts, so once those are on taking my current STi struts and shipping them off to be rebuilt and modified per Mark's (aka Vermont) advice and fitting them with springs that work for my style of driving.

Z1107

Got the Rex up on the lift today for some new shoes, and found that the bearing on the subframe for the front driver side control arm had a broken bracket. Removed the subframe piece and welded the bracket back together, test drive showed struts still good and that the clunk came from the bracket. Taking a break right now before installing the new struts (THANKS JJ!!!) which I am installing anyways and will be placing the old STi struts up for sale if anyone needs 04 STi struts (unknown mileage). After the break tapping the TPS bolts so I can remove it and clean it, then finish rebuilding the heads on a SR20det. Whole vacation spent working on cars. :bang:

Z1107

Took a high speed run down some country roads and have discovered I need a window spoiler or lip spoiler for the trunk lid. Rear end gets a little squirrely exiting turns at high speed.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How them struts doing? Also never got a picture of the windshield banner on. :(

Busker

Now I just need to order the new Cobb 3 port boost solenoid.

You can save yourself some money and buy a MAC 3 Port Boost Solenoid. ITs the same exact thing just doesnt have the sticker. Its the same one as the AEM 3 Port. I bought it by recommendation from Harvey and throoughly pleased with it. Its $45 instead of $90 or whatever. If you need the website just PM me bc I dont know if Im allowed to post it on here.

Z1107

Going to test a theory one of my friends gave me tomorrow about my TPS. Going to throw my spare BPV back on the car and see if my throttle response returns of idle. I can't believe I didn't think of that since this has only been problem for 4 months and the car has had my hybrid BOV for 8 months.

Z1107

I put the stock BPV back on today and immediately noticed an improvement in throttle response off idle... but now I'm not hitting boost till 3600rpm, mainly in 1st gear. But boost doesnt hit as hard through the power band as it did with the BOV.

I've decided at the next auction I work I'm going to pick up a daily beater, park the Rex and pull the motor. Let the build begin.

Vermont

I am not so sure how well suited the dom 1.5 would be to a 2.0 motor. If you dont mind lossing some spool over stock then it would be great but it is going to loose bottom end grunt and spool. On my 2.5 i hit full boost before 3kthe on waste gate spring pressure alone. On the 2.0 i would think you will loose another 500guy rpms. Still going to be better than a 20g but not as good as stock or a td04. Also with any turbo other than stock you will need to think about the transmission. Rek and twiz are currently testing a brace for the wrx transmission. You might want to message him about it as he was saying some very good things about and looks to be an alternative to building or swapping the transmission. A new stronger clutch will be a must though.